PDA

View Full Version : New Posts Being Marked As Being Read Before Actually Being Read

CocaColaKid
- 11th October 2005, 18:57
This is getting quite annoying. A lot of time, not all the time, when I read the messages they get flagged as being read before I've actually read them. Today for example, I haven't been here for a couple of days and there were no new posts according to the forum. However when I went into the section there were a pile of new posts that were flagged as being read that were actually only posted today. Any ideas as to what might be the cause of this annoyance?

saturnX
- 11th October 2005, 19:23
you noticed that too huh. do you still get the email notifications when some one has posted a reply to the thread? i too have not been in for quite some time and one of the threads i started had tons of replies and i never got the email informing me. maybe its just me being paranoid.

CocaColaKid
- 11th October 2005, 19:41
I get the notifications for new post in threads that I have contributed but when I came here all the threads were marked as if I had already been here earlier and read them. Might be a ghost or maybe my evil twin!

saturnX
- 12th October 2005, 16:46
well you've heard of haunted houses and ships... so why not in cyber space? lolz!

CocaColaKid
- 12th October 2005, 16:49
Damn thing did it to me again! There were new posts, I did a search for something and then mysterious they were all read by the time I was done my search. Obviously I must be able to read extremely fast and have a the worlds shortest memory because I don't recall even looking at the posts let alone reading them. I'm now just using the New Posts button because at least it seems to work properly.

Phil
- 14th October 2005, 14:41
From the help files:

Once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (360 seconds in this case) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

Dwayne
- 14th October 2005, 20:41
Hello CocaColakid,

CCK>>Damn thing did it to me again! There were new posts, I did a search for something and then mysterious they were all read by the time I was done my search. Obviously I must be able to read extremely fast and have a the worlds shortest memory because I don't recall even looking at the posts let alone reading them<<

Sorry about that CCK, I will try not to use your login name again..