PDA

View Full Version : microcode studio error compile with google drive or dropbox folder sync

geniuswork
- 2nd February 2022, 13:44
hello everyone,
I have a problem when compiling a pbp file inside a folder synchronized with dropbox or google drive using microcode studio plus it gives me the following error: "FOLDER IS READ ONLY, Unable to compile test.pbp.The source is read only" I don't think it's a folder read-only error because I use various files without reading problems
Thank you very much

mpgmike
- 2nd February 2022, 19:55
Do you have your PBP files (normally found in C://Program Files (x86)/PBP3_1) in the Cloud? If so, do they NEED to be there? Or are the project files (like MyProject.pbp) located in the Cloud (connected folder) and PBP just can't deal with that?

geniuswork
- 3rd February 2022, 21:58
sorry I didn't understand the pbp folder is on the main root of c: and is not synchronized on the cloud C:\PBP3_1 while the folder with the projects is in another example folder of google drive C: \ Users \ mx \ Google Drive \ PB3_PROTEUS_Sync. I didn't understand much. Maybe you mean that pbp3 folder must be in the same folder as google drive?

mpgmike
- 3rd February 2022, 22:42
I don't use Cloud based services in that manner, so I never experienced your issue. You may have to create a folder in your Documents while working on the project, then copy/paste it into your Could connected folder. Pain in the X@$$? Yes, probably. That's the best advice I can offer.

Ioannis
- 4th February 2022, 17:26
I do use the Project folder inside Dropbox folder where my programs are stored. That way I can work on every computer that is connected to Dropbox.

I think OneDrive may be better because Dropbox has a limit of 3 PCs I think.

Anyway, for me it works OK most of the time. Sporadically the files that compilers tries to alter in following compilation fail to update with an error message but an immediate compilation succeeds OK. I can take it that much.

Ioannis