PDA

View Full Version : How to remove ghost directory from mocrocode studio

longpole001
- 6th November 2021, 18:39
Hi Guys

Been doing some clean up of old installations of PBP
, however code studio still see them when clicking "view" then "compile and program options "then " find manually " , where it then allows for the selection of the PICBasic compiler and assembly directory

can someone advise how fix the selection window , so that the deleted directories are not shown in the selection panel

Regards

Sheldon

mpgmike
- 6th November 2021, 19:40
Not is a position to try it right now, but for a lot of programs, just click on it. It may come back and say, "Not Found" (or something like that). "Do you want to delete it from your registry?" Worth a try.

Acetronics2
- 6th November 2021, 19:46
Hi, Sheldon

there's a nice little program called CCleaner that ... cleans all the unwanted "deposits" and old registry entries from your computer ...

note you can also keep chosen cookies for your favourite forums or web pages ...

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download the free version is enough for most users ...

Alain

longpole001
- 7th November 2021, 02:26
hi , yes used cccleaner , , even used regedit to remove all detail that i could find for the prev revs of the pbp i wanted to remove rebooteted etc , then reinstalled the versions i want to keep , in their own directory

but code studio continues to show the removed directories , when the versions i want to have are reinstalled

would love to know exactly where it is getting the info that makes up the listing for the manual selection , as that location needs to be cleared and regenerated

i know its no big deal to have the incorrect listing and you just select the correct one , but , the incorrect listing should be able to be fixed and i spent a few hours hand cleaning the registary and it still not a simple fix , so far

probally needs charles to advise exactly how it get the listing it presents and how/where it stored , to be able to correct it

also notice the directoy listing also includes all hidden directories within the list as well

cheers

Ioannis
- 7th November 2021, 21:15
Maybe you need to do a scandisk check of the specific drive. And let it fix any issues.

Ioannis

Acetronics2
- 7th November 2021, 21:28
I do not think this problem is relevant to PBP, but to MCS ( Mecanique )

you could drop some lines here ;) https://www.mecanique.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=information/contact

Alain

longpole001
- 8th November 2021, 14:18
thanks ill contact them