PDA

View Full Version : Danger ...unfair Guy

Acetronics2
- 10th September 2005, 10:39
Hi, Lester

We recently had problem with a guy named " Charles0198" from Pakistan...
He promises R/C stuff if you send him components ....
Of course you never see any R/C stuff

Here the last post on RC Groups, about Him :

"Steph280, its look like you are a 3rd Victim......I guess its more than that....cause if you read all charles's post, he often offer other RC stuff in exchange of other items, I guess lots of EZONER fall on his irresistible offer. like this

1.Charles will send you a futaba transmitter modules, if you send him a crystal

2. Charles will send you a working prototype 72 MHZ Synthesize Receiver, if you send him a list of all Surface Mount Resistor and Capacitor.

look like charles have received lots of Electronics and RC Stuff coming from all over the world........and he is not paying a single centavos. "

Why here on this forum ??? ... because he is a PIC user ...

Alain

Full story here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390123

Melanie
- 10th September 2005, 11:44
Alain

Thanks for the warning, but, there's no saying he will appear on this forum, or if he does it will be with that ID, or even if he is a PICBasic user.

It's ultimately down to trust. Do you trust whoever you want to do things with? We all start out trusting, but the University of Life soon teaches us that there are people out there to that only wish to take advantage of (dare I put it this way...) the innocent gullibility of others. Lets face it, do you really believe that someone in Pakistan, in exchange for a crystal, is going to send you a Futaba Transmitter Module? You learn to be more cautious and cynnical pretty quick!

This has to be the hobby electronics equivallent of the Nigerian Dead Foreigner scam.

Melanie

Acetronics2
- 10th September 2005, 12:15
Hi, Mel

University of life, as you say, has proven there were lots of guys to be caught by such enormous offers.

outside Europe, common projects between PiC Enthusiasts in different countries work on this "material and soft exchange" basis. I had numerous mails, components and programs coming from and going to my friend Ellion Cham ( the author of this Warning ... ) and it is something really nice to proceed like that.

as this forum is read widely outside the "old continent" ... I think it is a good thing to alert the " not yet became cynnical " or " underdevelopped " people people on such scams.

Have you lost the little girl in you ??? I just begin to think the leather catsuit is not a joke ...
really sad to have read that from you ... you deceived.

Alain

Melanie
- 10th September 2005, 12:57
Trust me, the leather catsuit is a reality and I wear it too... but I won't reveal when or where on this forum... when this girl's out on the town, last thing she needs is somebody opening with an icebreaker describing the finer points of PIC register initialisation! "Fancy coming round for dinner and drinks and oh, by the way, could you take a look at this piece of code for me?".... Noooooo!!!!