PDA

View Full Version : GPS Receiver

lester
- 9th September 2005, 09:03
The GPS module WD-G-ZX4120 is a high sensitivity ultra low power consumption cost efficient, compact size, plug & play GPS module board designed for a broad spectrum of OEM system applications. This product is based on the proven technology found in other our 16 channel GPS receivers and NEMERIX chipset solution.

The GPS module receiver will track up to 16 satellites at a time while providing fast time-to-first-fix and 1Hz navigation updates. Its far reaching capability meets the sensitivity & accuracy requirements of car navigation as well as other location-based applications, such as AVL system. Handheld navigator, PDA, pocket PC, or any battery operated navigation system.

The WD-G-ZX4120 design utilizes the latest surface mount technology and high level circuit integration to achieve superior performance while minimizing dimension and power consumption. This hardware capability combined with software intelligence makes the board easy to be integrated and used in all kinds of navigation applications or products. The module communicates with application system via RS232 (TTL level) with NMEA0183 protocol.

Key Features and Benefits

Build-high performance NEMERIX chipset.
Average Cold Start is in under 45 seconds.
Low power consumption.
16 channels “All-in-View” tracking.
On chip 4Mb flash memory.
TTL level serial ports with one for GPS receiver command message Interface, and one for RTCM-104 DGPS input.
Reacquisition Time : 0.1 seconds
Support Standard NMEA-0183 and NEMERIX Binary protocol
Option Accurate 1PPS Output Signal Aligned with GPS Timing
Multi-path Mitigation Hardware
Optimum clock drift adjustment
External antenna/overload protection
Size: 25.9 mm x 25.9 mm x 2.7 mm

Interfacing to the ZX4120 (http://www.crownhill.co.uk/datasheets/ZX4120%20GPS.pdf) a full data sheet is available from our web site where you can order the GPS receiver and antenna at a very competitive price !!.

Ordering the ZX4120 (http://www.crownhill.co.uk/product.php?prod=1474)

have fun

Lester

Ron Marcus
- 16th February 2006, 16:52
Hey Lester,
What is power consumption in low power mode, and reacquisition time? I see full power specs @ 27 mils, but no data on power save mode. I don't to want power down totally, because I can't afford to wait 90 seconds.

Thanks,
Ron

sougata
- 22nd February 2006, 13:47
Hi,

I would just like to know if it would be reliable and practical to use this GPS module in a train with an average speed of 150Kms / hour. What about external antennae ? Finally, would you ship it to India.

Regards

Sougata