PDA

View Full Version : Servo Control with USB and PIC16C745

Alejandro
- 30th August 2005, 19:46
Hi everybody!!!

I really need help about how can I control a servo using a USB interface such as a HIDComm by using the PIC16C745 programming in PBP or in VB, I really hope someone can give me some explanation about how to use this PIC and how can I programming the interface.

Thanks for all.

jj 2
- 12th September 2005, 18:44
Hi Alejandro - I would like to make an RS-232 to USB interface and am wanting to learn more about this.

Here are some references:

1. "Migrate Your Serial application To USB the Easy Way"
www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=10957
This is a link to the article in Sep 1, 2005 magazine. I didn't find it too useful.

2. "Implementing a USB Equipment Interface Using the Microchip PIC16C745"
by Dick Lichtel, XKD4JP, [email protected] (remove Xs and Zs)
published in QEX (Ham Radio Magazine by ARRL, [email protected]. I think this should be pretty useful.

3. "A USB Controlled VFO" by Gary Geissinger, XWA0SPMZ, QEX, Sep/Oct 2005, [email protected] ( remove Xs and Zs)

Perhaps you can email the authors and request a reprint of the articles and the pic code too.

Be sure to check Microchip for application notes and sample code.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you find other good practical references. Thanks

jj 2

mister_e
- 12th September 2005, 20:06
I'm sorry guys but you should consider using the new 18F USB device for new developpement. 16C are really limited and not suitable for new design.

By using of 18F USB, you can use Easy-HID from mecanqiue to produce the core of the program and the VB code to fit with. Well it will be only the core .. not the whole thing.

Good luck!