PDA

View Full Version : updated and cannot compile

l_gaminde
- 5th June 2016, 23:26
I received a notice that i needed to upgrade so i went to the link and updated and now none of my programs will compile I get this message

ERROR: Unable to execute mpasmwin.Skipping link step. Not all sources built successfully.
BUILD FAILED: Sun Jun 05 14:12:14 2016

I know it in the path but I don't know what its looking for

l_gaminde
- 6th June 2016, 01:24
ok I think i have the first problem fixed can compile my old programs but now I take an old program rename it and try to make a new project and get a warning red flag

Error[118] C:\0 FILES\PBP-MPLAB\7794-DEALER-5 HO-MCOR.ASM 163 : Overwriting previous address contents (2007)
Skipping link step. Not all sources built successfully.
BUILD FAILED: Sun Jun 05 16:19:06 2016

Skipping link step. Not all sources built successfully.
BUILD FAILED: Sun Jun 05 16:19:06 2016

HenrikOlsson
- 6th June 2016, 08:28
In the past that message usually was the result of includig CONFIG in your program while they are still "Active" in the device specific include file. However, with PBP3 the way this is handled changed for the better so the question is if the program you're trying to compile now was written before you upgraded to PBP3 AND that it has the old way of handling the CONFIG bits in it. (?)

/Henrik.

l_gaminde
- 6th June 2016, 20:38
You were right on, took a look at my config and it was old style I did try to use manual config and it made no difference once I used #config it worked

thank you very much