PDA

View Full Version : Re heated debate apologies

OXIMBIT
- 3rd July 2005, 10:34
I know I said I would try not to post again but I've failed

Last night I thought I got a private mail from Darrel and wrote back. It turns out it was not for me and came from the Pbpro list so when I replied I thought I did so in confidence. Obviously when I see it turn up again in mail box from the list I have seen my mistake and realise the mail was nothing to do with me. Still it says what I think.

"Darrel

Thank you for writing to me. First of all I offer my sincerest apologise, its just not my scene to get abusive on forums When I posted a mail about a year ago and had a pop at Mel I felt so bad, I still hang my face in shame. I vowed then that never to do anything like that again. Obviously I failed, with retrospect I have been guilty of talking to much about the competition, but things got out of hand and I really did try my hardest. I do still stand by my stance that Melabs should have made some improvements in all these years and that is the core complaint. If they get worried by the bad talk and do something then it will have been worth while.

With fairness I am a paid up Pbpro user and purchase all the latest updates so I have a little right to complain but as I never use the compiler in anger really I should keep my thoughts to my self.

Section edited.......

I will take this opportunity to thank you for all the help you offer to the users, Even if I don't use the compiler I read your posts, you are very respected .......

If you can wrangle it in that I offer my apologies for taking too much about the competition then I would appreciate it, since I said I would not post anymore it kind of hard to back track."

Darrel Taylor
- 4th July 2005, 00:04
Hi ummmm, OXIMBIT,

Strange set of circumstances this all happened under.

Hopefully we can just put it all behind us.

Thanks for the kind words! And, as for the "help" I offer. It's mostly selfishly motivated. I find that I learn more trying to solve other peoples problems, which then makes it easier to do my own stuff.

It was great when you and John B. were around, cause you would come back with an even better way. And that's where you really learn. Once you've spent the time to figure something out, when somebody shows you a better way, it like great big light bulbs shinning in your face.

I don't get much of that anymore, people just seem to take the code, use it for their own purposes, and never come back with any improvements. With the exception of a few people like Michael and Ingvar, and of course the regulars like Melanie, Bruce and Steve.

I'm sorry your not around much anymore, but I see you're still keeping up your generous nature over at "the other compiler", maybe one day I'll get to use that information too.

Best regards,
   Darrel