PDA

View Full Version : HC-05 Bluetooth Modules

andybarrett1
- 5th April 2015, 11:04
Hi Thanks for reading

I see you can get HC-05 / HC-06 Bluetooth Modules from Ebay for pennies

Has anybody had a play with them yet.... Just wondering if they are any good or should stay away!

Thanks for reading again.

Andy

Dave
- 5th April 2015, 15:59
I have used them for all kinds of links to pic projects. They work great. Most recent is a NEO PIXEL command input from Bluetooth enabled tablet.

andybarrett1
- 5th April 2015, 19:18
Hi Dave

Have ordered a couple up....Looking to interface with android smart phone somehow.

gadelhas
- 5th April 2015, 20:24
HI;

I've also used them alot. They work really great!

andybarrett1
- 7th April 2015, 11:58
Just been looking around ...

I there any example code about.... I cant find anything in the usual sources... Metlab etc.

BR
Andy

gadelhas
- 7th April 2015, 14:31
Just been looking around ...

I there any example code about.... I cant find anything in the usual sources... Metlab etc.

BR
Andy

That module works with Uart. You can use just a simple Uart example sending Hello World.
In the other side ( Android Phone, for example ) you can use something like this to capture the text;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.side2.apps.btterm&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tecit.datareader.android.getblue.de mo&hl=en

ardhuru
- 7th April 2015, 18:18
Absolutely, just as gadelhas says, connect your pic to the module and start transmitting data to it, you should be able to see it on your Android running a terminal emulator. My favourite is Blueterm, also downloadable from the playstore.

Even before you involve a pic, I'd suggest you just power up the module, short its Tx and Rx, and pair it with your Android running blueterm. If all is well, whatever characters you punch in should be echoed.

Regards,

Anand

andybarrett1
- 10th April 2015, 16:14
Thanks for replies....

When parts arrive will have a play.

BR
Andy