PDA

View Full Version : Pic10F202 Master clear will not turn off.

Elusiveinc
- 9th March 2015, 03:03
No matter what I try master clear will not turn off. I have done everything but change the device file as it says if it is listed in your code it over rides it. Need GPIO.3 as an input. Dumbed the program as much as I could. output pins go from high to low as should. But if I ground GPIO.3 everything resets.

#CONFIG
__config _WDT_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _CP_OFF
#ENDCONFIG

OPTION_REG=000000

TRISIO = 001000

A VAR GPIO.0
B VAR GPIO.1
C VAR GPIO.2
IN VAR GPIO.3

BEGIN: high A
high B
high C
pause 1000
low A
low B
low C
pause 1000
gotO BEGIN

Elusiveinc
- 9th March 2015, 03:15
for some reason it changed my code so here it is again

#CONFIG
#ENDCONFIG

OPTION_REG=%01000000

TRISIO = %00001000

A VAR GPIO.0
B VAR GPIO.1
C VAR GPIO.2
IN VAR GPIO.3

BEGIN: high A
high B
high C
pause 1000
low A
low B
low C
pause 1000
gotO BEGIN

richard
- 9th March 2015, 05:16
#CONFIG
__config _IntRC_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _CP_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF
#ENDCONFIG

MY GUESS
#CONFIG
^__config^_IntRC_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _CP_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF
#ENDCONFIG

Acetronics2
- 9th March 2015, 14:17
TRISIO = 001000

should anything hurt you ???

me does !!!

try to use A = 1, B = 1 ... etc, etc
instead of HIGH and LOW Commands ...

Alain

PS: Oooops ...

Elusiveinc
- 9th March 2015, 16:47
richard,
are you saying add carrots? around __config ?

Alain,

I agree I normally use var = x also, and not High and low but just wrote something quick and that is faster. and GPIO.0-.2 do as they are told. So that part is working memory clear just won't enable as an input. So irritating.

Thanks again,
Joe

Tabsoft
- 9th March 2015, 18:39
No I think that Richard was trying to tell you that there were too many spaces.

It should look like this " __config _IntRC_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _CP_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF"

Notice, (1) space before __config and (1) space between __config and _IntRC_OSC

Elusiveinc
- 9th March 2015, 20:48
I think the spaces were added when I copy and pasted it. as it screwed up other formating as well. But I will check and get back to you.

richard
- 9th March 2015, 21:29
No I think that Richard was trying to tell you that there were too many spaces.

no I was indicating I thought that as tabsoft said

Notice, (1) space before __config and (1) space between __config and _IntRC_OSC

it gets difficult to show when the forum eats up the white space on your posts .
post #2 shows no spaces

Elusiveinc
- 9th March 2015, 22:47
I appreciate the help guys. I had a tab then a space after. fixed to a space before and a space after but MCLR is still active. I even said the hell with it and changed it in the device folder and still no go. checked .asm file and looks like it is writing it right. Wish I could read the .hex I'm wondering if it is my programmer but I have programmed tons of other pics with no problems what so ever. Xeltek Superpro 580u

AvionicsMaster1
- 10th March 2015, 01:42
OK. According to page 35 of the 10F20x datasheet you can't change the config word that has the MCLRE bit in it. Will setting the fuse do that for you?

I think I ran into this a while ago and was never able to use a 10F222 GPIO.3 as an input no matter what I did.

Archangel
- 10th March 2015, 02:35
Is there any chance GPIO.3 is shorted to VDD ? Just asking because you did not mention if this is a PDIP or SMT package, in chk or not . . .

Elusiveinc
- 10th March 2015, 02:49
avioncis,
I did see page 35 and does not give memory location for some reason where the register 9-1 is at. Which I find weird. But there has to be one because the bits are writable says datasheet. But yes at this point it's not looking good.

Arch,
Sorry this is a DIP 8 pin package. vdd seems to be holding it high internally. as there is 5 volt on GPIO.3 with nothing connected. But I'm sure that is the way it is suppose to be. So it doesn't reset itself if someone didn't know they need a pull up resistor. And per data sheet if voltage greater than Vdd will enter programming mode. If you are saying that vdd is being applied externally accidentally no.

Archangel
- 10th March 2015, 03:06
Ok sometimes finding out what it is is by eliminating everything else. So what does your volt meter tell you if you turn ON MCLRE ? Also do you have another chip?edit: (Almost)/edit Lastly are you SURE it is a Genuine PIC? I know it seems silly to entertain the idea of cloning a $0.38 chip but when you are selling 50 million of them . . .
Data sheet says GPIO.3 is connected to VDD when MCLRE is off, I am trying to get my head around how it can serve as an input while connected to vdd unless it's via a WPU, . . . . How "ROBUST" is your power supply? Does grounding GPIO.3 cause the chip to BROWNOUT ? Also check your breadboard for corrosion causing weak connections, seen that many times.

Elusiveinc
- 10th March 2015, 03:36
Gen pic bought from digikey. have three in rotation. all do the same. I have tried two bead boards. I just have Vdd and Vss hooked up. just metering the rest. using 1 kohm res to ground to reset mclre. chip does not brown out. power supply is 1 amp 5volt. clean on the scope. Pg 9 of data sheet says it can be enabled as GPIO.3 with pull ups or no pull ups. so it should not be tied to Vdd.

Archangel
- 10th March 2015, 03:54
;----- CONFIG Options --------------------------------------------------
_OSC_IntRC EQU H'0FFF' ; This is the only option. It is here for backward compatibility
_IntRC_OSC EQU H'0FFF' ; This is the only option. It is here for backward compatibility

_WDTE_OFF EQU H'0FFB' ; WDT disabled
_WDT_OFF EQU H'0FFB' ; WDT disabled
_WDTE_ON EQU H'0FFF' ; WDT enabled
_WDT_ON EQU H'0FFF' ; WDT enabled

_CP_ON EQU H'0FF7' ; Code protection on
_CP_OFF EQU H'0FFF' ; Code protection off

_MCLRE_OFF EQU H'0FEF' ; GP3/MCLR pin fuction is digital I/O, MCLR internally tied to VDD
_MCLRE_ON EQU H'0FFF' ; GP3/MCLR pin function is MCLR

This is from this chips file in MPASM P10F202.inc

Ok this is found on pp35 of the data sheet

Elusiveinc
- 10th March 2015, 14:01
ya it says tied to vdd internally. It is still there it just isn't tristated to an external pin I believe.

Anyways I think I have had some success last night. I found that Microcode was automatically changing my case on on #endconfig From #ENDCONFIG to #endconfig. and #CONFIG was staying #CONFIG. So I changed #CONFIG to #config. and doesn't seem to reset anymore on a low to GPIO.3. However I have pull ups off. and it still rests at vdd. and not getting ram over load error(which I find that you get if you add just one static variable). and will not respond as GPIO.3 as an input. (changed program to if "IN" = 1 alternate ports from high to low else stay low) and won't do it. And as soon as I introduce "IN" into the program program doesn't work. comment out. it will alternate. I guess I didn't do if IN=0. that would off been smart since seems internal pull ups are on even though OPTION_REG.6 is high which is suppose to disable them.

Archangel
- 10th March 2015, 14:44
Honestly I didn't know ANY of the 10F series would even program with PBP due to RAM limitations, as I remember Darrel usually told members who wanted to try to use a 12F series. Any special reason to use 10F series?

Acetronics2
- 10th March 2015, 17:39
Hi,Archangel

Darrel told that because there is no room for vars in RAM once PBP has placed its own vars ...

so, no serious work could be done using PBP ... just Blinking the Led, may be ...

Alain

Elusiveinc
- 10th March 2015, 18:11
Arch,
just trying to keep cost down because I plan on producing high numbers. And program is going to be super simple. 12 lines tops. Anyone know of a way to strip one byte of ram? Any way of finding out if PBP3 uses the "w" or "f" register? maybe I can load and unload input into that.

Alain,
I hope you are wrong. haha!

Archangel
- 10th March 2015, 20:24
I took your code from your first post and it compiled to 92 words
changed to

#CONFIG
#ENDCONFIG
DEFINE OSC 4
OPTION_REG=%01000000

TRISIO = %00001000

A VAR GPIO.0
B VAR GPIO.1
C VAR GPIO.2
IN VAR GPIO.3

BEGIN:
GPIO = %00000111
pause 1000
GPIO = %00000000
pause 1000
goto BEGIN

it's down to 66 words

if you add "END"
it jumps to 78

To see what your PBP code is doing look at the .lst file, that might help you.
If my poor memory serves me I believe Darrel said PBP Library uses 14 bytes of memory and you have a total of 24 for this chip.

Acetronics2
- 10th March 2015, 20:33
Alain,
I hope you are wrong. haha!

not that wrong ...
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3510&p=18753#post18753

yess ... that's short !

seen ?

In PBP, the 10F202 uses PBPPIC12.RAM, which requests 19 bytes of RAM for PBP system use. The 10F200 only has 16 total bytes of RAM available so it looks like it is a no go with PBP unless you want to do a lot of custom stuff.

from here : http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10823&p=71725#post71725

Tabsoft
- 10th March 2015, 22:22
Have you looked into a 12Fseries instead of using the 10F202?

Quite a bit of functionality added for just a few cents difference.
Something like the 12F1571?

12F1571-I/P (8pin Dip) .64 cents per unit Qty 1-25
1KWord Flash, 128Bytes RAM, (6) I/O Ports, (2/4) 8-Bit/16-Bit Timers, (1) Comparator, (3) 16-Bit PWM, (4) 10-Bit ADC ch

10F202-I/P (8pin Dip) .57 cents per unit Qty 1-25
512W Flash, 24Bytes Ram, (4) I/O Ports, (1) 8-Bit timer

Dave
- 11th March 2015, 10:54
Elusiveinc,
This is what I use for a program to operate a third tail light. It uses a 10F222.
asm
__CONFIG _MCLRE_OFF & _CP_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _IOFSCS_4MHZ
movwf OSCCAL ; load factory osccal value at start-up
bcf OSCCAL,0 ; Set GP2 as I/O pin
ENDASM