PDA

View Full Version : PIC16F62x 18 pin SMT breakout PCB

jdgrotte
- 29th December 2003, 13:59
I made up about 1,000 of these boards for another project I had awhile back. They were originally used to control 3 output channels thru 3 onboard MOSFETs controlled by the PIC. When I made the boards, I designed the PCB with multiple applications in mind, to use them elsewhere later on.
The board originally used a PIC16F628A in an 18 pin SOIC package. You can use practically any 18 pin PIC on this board as long as the pinout matches up.

At the moment, the boards will be unpopulated, eventually, I have a bunch made up with all of the parts included. I am in the process of building a webpage that'll describe the boards in much more detail. Stay tuned for a good link to that...

Here's a short list of what the board has going for it:

Pads for an onboard crystal, HCM-49S sized SMT type

Pads for a 78L05ACM 8 pin SOIC 5v regulator (board can take up to 24v, also has spots for a reverse polarity protection diode and zener overvoltage protection), and a spot for a filter capacitor, along with a couple of decoupling capacitors

3 spots for an SOT-223 package N-channel MOSFET (I used STN2E10L types) and output pads for them, all controlled by the PIC

ICSP programming header

Pads to connect to almost every pin on the PIC, and for those pins that don't have dedicated pads, there are vias where a wire can be inserted

Various pull-ups and pull-downs where required (MCLR for example)

I'll ask $2USD each and I'll package them in a standard letter sized envelope.

If you want one or more of these, send me an e-mail at [email protected], and make a reference to '18 pin PIC breakout PCB'.

If you want more than one of them, let me know. I'm willing to do some dealing...

jdgrotte
- 1st January 2004, 09:59
Link:
www.ndak.net/~jdgrotte
Hit the link on the left to the 16F62x SMT board...