PDA

View Full Version : MPASM Error Message

Angus Anderson
- 2nd September 2014, 17:59
Good evening all-

I recently moved up to PBPV3.0.7.0 from PBP2.5. I have a whole number of projects that compiled & assembled successfully using V2.5 and PM. However, when I try on a 16F876 or indeed any of my 16F projects using MPASM, I get the following error message:

[ASM ERROR] Symbol not previously defined (Rollover) (0) : Error [113]

Where do I define Rollover? Cant find any reference to this in the Forum

Any help appreciated

Angus Anderson

Archangel
- 2nd September 2014, 20:17
Hi Angus,
Considering all MPASM errors are assembly errors, and IF they correctly worked in PBP 2.5 my best advice is to look carefully at your config settings. Try deleting the config in your code and see if it compiles with success. Otherwise I would need to SEE your code. PBP issues will report, likely in red . . .
Many times errors report as xxx.asm with a line number. you can open the yourfilename.ASM page and scroll to that line number.

mackrackit
- 2nd September 2014, 21:21
Look for a label or variable named Rollover in your code. Or I should say a label or variable called in your code that is not defined in your code.

Archangel
- 2nd September 2014, 22:51
Look for a label or variable named Rollover in your code. Or I should say a label or variable called in your code that is not defined in your code.My first thought too Dave, seems like it would not compile in 2.5 with that error, wondering if this is "found code" and/or if there is a missing include file.

Angus Anderson
- 3rd September 2014, 13:09
Thanks Archangel, macmackit,

Based on your suggestions I examined the include file INT-TIM0.PBP

The "ROLLOVER" was the DEFINED label for the Interrupt handler

The manual says this is case sensitive, and when I capitalised the label ROLLOVER at the start of the asm routine it all worked

Seems that in V2.5 the label does not need to be capitalised, whereas in V3 it does :-)

Many thanks for the suggestions

Angus Anderson

mackrackit
- 3rd September 2014, 15:48
Could be in the way MCS is / was setup. Auto capitalize can be a problem. That is a feature that can cause bugs.