PDA

View Full Version : A/D, and compiler issues.

BobEdge
- 27th March 2014, 12:00
Hi,

Ever since I have been using PBP I have had the same problem. If using MPASMWIN the A/D converter module does not work, and just reads zero. In the past this was not a problem as I had the option to use the other compiler, the one where you don't get progress bars during compile.

Trouble is I now only have 64 bit OS and the old compiler will not work. I have upgraded PBP, and am currently using PBPX3.0.6.4, with micro code studio 5.0.0.3.

I have a project that uses the A/D converter ,and really need to get it working. Can anyone please help?

Kind regards
Bob.

grahamg
- 27th March 2014, 12:13
Bob, please post your code so that we can see what you are trying to do.

BobEdge
- 27th March 2014, 13:00
Here is the code. PIC16F870 by the way.

define OSC 20
define adc_bits 10
define adc_sampleus 50
trisa = 255
adcon0 = 129 'Internal clock, channel 0, switched on
adcon1 = 142 'Right justified (10 bit), channel 0 analog

adcin 0, temp
let temp1 = temp * 3
let temp2 = (temp * 5) / 100
let temp = temp1 + temp2
serout serial1, 2, ["A",#temp,"AA"]

This exact same program has been working fine for around 4 years. I have always had the same issue. If using the compiler with the popup window with progress bars the A/D does not work (same with many different chips, and projects) if using the other compiler everything was fine.

I have been using PBP for many years with micro code studio, and have always had the same issue. I no longer have a 32 bit operating system, so I can't even install my older version of PBP, and use the doss compiler. With PBP 3 I only have the option to use MPASMX or not, and both give the same result, the same result that I'v had since PBP 2.4ish.

HenrikOlsson
- 27th March 2014, 14:02
Hi,
All defines are case sensitive, try

define OSC 20
define ADC_BITS 10
define ADC_SAMPLEUS 50
I didn't know PM (the "other" assembler, not compiler) wasn't case sensitive. Anyway, MPASM is so you have to be careful there.

Try it and see if that fixes it.

/Henrik.

EDIT: Why multiple threads with the same question?

BobEdge
- 27th March 2014, 14:20
Henrik,

Thank you very much, issue solved by changing to capital letters.
It's always the simplest things that cause the issues.

Sorry about the dual post, no one was viewing PBP 3 section, & my boss is pressuring me to get this done.

Regards
Bob.