PDA

View Full Version : Problems logging in to forum. Redirect

tasmod
- 6th March 2014, 09:29
Hi,

I keep having problems logging in to forum. I seem to remember reading it was a php problem?

I'm using Firefox as a browser.

When I go to the login page and enter details I then enter a loop whereby it says logging in, then returns to login form page again.
However if I click Forum link on top of page I find I'm logged in. BUT I cannot post as it says I need to log in and the process starts again in a loop.
Usually clicking the link for browser redirect will work but not always. Mostly I have to shut everything down inc Firefox and start again.

Very frustrating.

Is there a setting I need to change, hopefully one which doesn't compromise my security settings.

Rob

Demon
- 10th March 2014, 14:57
Have you updated Firefox?

I use IE8 on WinXP, no problems on this laptop. I have updated Win7 on mydesktop, no problems there using IE either.

Robert

Archangel
- 11th March 2014, 03:58
I use Firefox 3.6.28 Win 7 no problems

Jerson
- 11th March 2014, 09:29
I've seen such problems with other websites. I recommend you 'clear cache' and 'clear cookies' and try again.

tasmod
- 11th March 2014, 09:35
Thanks guys.

I use Win7 and latest Firefox v27.0 with all updates.

Using Tools/Options then Privacy - Clear all current history, I can log in but that clears everything which is a bit of a nuisance.

Ah well at least I'm not going round in circles any more. Unlike my coding efforts :D