PDA

View Full Version : Attachements doesn't work.

HenrikOlsson
- 13th September 2013, 08:41
Hi,
When I'm trying to upload attachements to the forum the uploader just sits there, it never finishes. Am I doing something wrong or is it broken. Can it be fixed please?

/Henrik.

lester
- 13th September 2013, 09:06
OK i see the issue.

i'll get onto it , later this morning.

i'll post an attachment here to confirm its fixed

lester
- 13th September 2013, 09:51

test file uploaded

HenrikOlsson
- 13th September 2013, 10:03
Hi,
Still doesn't work from my end. Neither here in this thread or in the one I intended to upload (if it makes any difference). The uploader just sits there and never finishes, filesize 94kB.

Thanks.
/Henrik.

mackrackit
- 13th September 2013, 12:35
Attachment test.

HenrikOlsson
- 13th September 2013, 13:25
Lester - administrator.
Temporarily logged in as HenrikOlsson

test upload of image...... 7077

lester
- 13th September 2013, 13:28
Henrik

i don't see any issue. The original issue was a missing directory on the server ( as a result of my recent clean up activity after the attack) , so its unlikely to be a browser cache issue. BUT, clear your browser cache anyway and try again.

HenrikOlsson
- 13th September 2013, 19:20
That's weird...
I just tried it again I can not make it work from here. It's obviously something wrong at my end since Lester can upload logged in as me. I have NO idea what to do though.

/Henrik.

mackrackit
- 13th September 2013, 19:53
Maybe try a different browser?

lester
- 13th September 2013, 20:42
Henrik,

what browser are you using
maybe you can email the file to me and i'll try uploading that same file in using the same browser

OR

try a different file and different browser

There was an issue, but its fixed and the issue was not related to browser or browser cache etc, it was related to the fact that i'd forgotten to create a temporary directory for the uploaded files. Since has been corrected, the upload process works.

Though i have to say, the issue was never something that should be affected by what you're doing at your end.

HenrikOlsson
- 13th September 2013, 21:27
Hi,
On my main machine (where it doesn't work) I'm running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10.

I just now tried uploading the same files from my laptop running Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 and it worked just fine....then I tried again from the W7 machine (where I'm currently writing this) - no go.

So, it has something to do with IE10 or a setting or another problem on my W7 machine. However, this is the machine I've used for the last 18 months or so and it HAS worked fine before. I can't, however, say when IE10 got thrown into it.....

Thanks!
/Henrik.

Demon
- 13th September 2013, 23:24
Do you use windows automatic updates?

I do it manually "whenever".

lester
- 13th September 2013, 23:50
OK, after much searching and reading up on this issue, it seems that in IE 10 there is a 'bug', no, lets say incompatibility - the world is not always the way MS thinks it should be.

So in your settings choose std editor, if you intend to use the forum and use IE 10

OR use Firefox

I have implemented a 'fix' that forces IE10 users to the standard editor, This modification will force IE10 users, and only IE10 users to the Standard Editor no matter what they have chosen in their settings.

This should prevent complaints from users of IE10 about the editor not working properly.

lester
- 13th September 2013, 23:55
Any IE10 issues can be resolved by forcing IE10 browsers to render in IE9 mode.
Which i have tried to do by a modification the the page headers.
not a fix, but should be effective.

mackrackit
- 14th September 2013, 02:40
Lester,

What percentage of users do you see using IEx?

I did not think anyone actually used it...

lester
- 14th September 2013, 04:04
Dave,

you're an Admin, so you can see this information!

Go to the tab menu along the top of the page and click on STATS, then scrol to the bottom of the page and view Browsers and Operating systems.

You'll see the information there in a pretty graphic.

As of the time i'm writing this post;
Internet Explorer 10. accounts for (1.46%) of visitors or 34,210
Internet Explorer 9.0 accounts for (5.68%) of visitors or 133,521 - the most popular browser type amongst our visitors.