PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Finally

Archangel
- 2nd April 2012, 09:41
Hi Everyone,
I just received my upgrade to ver 3.xx and the appropriate email of the user codes so as to activate it. I have 3 computers I use or have used PBP to make nice blinkys on and my question is, can I install this on all 3 now and have them work as before? And if the answer is no, do they sell additional seats, as I only use this program on one computer at a time ?
I am waiting to activate based upon the answer.
Thanks
JS

ScaleRobotics
- 2nd April 2012, 14:45
Yes, the three computers can run simultaneously. And, its pretty quick with activation manager, to deactivate and activate, if you switch from one computer to another often. But you would only need to deactivate one to use a "fourth" computer. I don't know of a way to buy another seat, but three is pretty generous, imho.

Demon
- 2nd April 2012, 20:12
It all depends on which version you bought:
http://pbp3.com/compare-editions.html

The basic version has only 1 license, the other 2 have 3 licenses.

Robert

ScaleRobotics
- 2nd April 2012, 20:28
I doubt Joe "upgraded" to the student version :)

Demon
- 3rd April 2012, 03:34
I wasn't going to assume that, it's always a step up from the free version.

Joe could have been content using the PICs in the basic version?

Robert

Archangel
- 6th April 2012, 03:09
Upgraded to the GOLD version and bought upgrade for MCS + as well. Now if I remember correctly MCS+ for PBP3 requires Vista or 7 ? and if so it pretty well cancels my need for extra seats as I still use WIN98 in the shop. I an looking hard at the " C " environment, just for portability from PICs to other platforms. I have been playing with arduinos lately and for hoots loaded a PIC hex into it with mixed results, or maybe it was the other way, cannot remember now, either way, it did not choke as bad as expected.

Demon
- 6th April 2012, 19:39
If you're going to dabble in C, might as well look at the 24F. :)

Archangel
- 8th April 2012, 09:28
Well Robert,
I WAS hoping PBP would eventually make the leap, and word on the street is, they are in fact working on it. I would love to see additional compilers for the other brands of chips, using PBP syntax, that is where I was going in terms of portability. PBP for atmel, PBP for NXP . . .

Demon
- 8th April 2012, 18:52
I waiting for that too. I figure it's going to take them less time to include 24Fs in PBP than for me to learn C. LOL

I heard the same thing, and it also makes sense from a strategic/marketting point of view.

Anyways, the day I know everything there is to know about 18Fs is far far away.

Robert

Archangel
- 12th April 2012, 17:55

Anyways, the day I know everything there is to know about 18Fs is far far away.

RobertHi Robert, That's exactly the point, the 16 bit processor is so much faster, it makes up for Your or My latency. Sloppy code executes as if it were nice compact well written asm., at least that's my theory. I liken it to a Cop I used to know back in the early 80s, who used to run down speeding Porches on Mulholland Drive in an 81 Plymouth equipped with a 318, and he would catch them too, he was good, their cars were fast, but the difference was small.

Demon
- 12th April 2012, 20:17
I miss my '79 Dodge Aspen stationwagon. That 318 just kept on trucking.

Robert