PDA

View Full Version : readig or just copy protected PIC microcontroler as pic16f84A

elsafey
- 12th April 2005, 21:35
please I want to know how i can read or just copy protected PIC microcontroler as pic16f84A

I have elevator card with protected pic16f84a
how i can read or just copy

it always read zero s

please help if there is a circuit to build or any device or software for that

Melanie
- 12th April 2005, 22:02
There may well be a valid reason for your request. However posting any solutions would ultimately lead to the infringement of copyright of anyone who has ever written microcode for the PIC (or other) microprocessors and threaten this forum and its owners with legal repercussions. You'll have to search elsewhere on the web for a solution.

elsafey
- 16th April 2005, 12:31
thank you

I UNDERSTAND & THANKS

PLEASE GUIDE ME I am repir engineer

[email protected]

I want to fix many old elevator pcb & no spare parts

& to modfy the program if possible

Melanie
- 16th April 2005, 13:42
Go back to the manufacturer for spares. There are Legal and Safety issues involved here. There are reasons the microcode is protected over and above simple replication. If you tamper with the microcode you potentially threaten the lives of the people using the elevator... and if you are competent enough to make such modifications, then you are competent enough to write the elevator code in it's entirity from scratch and then have it independantly certified and tested for safety before it is put into service. Personally I'm not willing to risk serious jail-time (nor would I recommend others to do so) in order to save you a few dollars.