PDA

View Full Version : pcb fab small run>?

PICMAN
- 10th April 2005, 22:50
i've got a schmatic, made with multisim, i dont know how to make printed boards, and if i did, its easier to pay some one, sooo any sugestions for how i move to get say 25 - 50 of my boards printed, also , is it more cost effictive to have them put the parts on it at the same time? where would i go to have one of these options done, how much you think for say 25 - 50 of em

edit :
1 1/2 in by 1 in

Tissy
- 10th April 2005, 23:36
Cost really depends on where you are located.

A reasonable company that produces PCBs and also supplies you with free PCB and Schematic design software is www.expresspcb.com Basically you design the PCB layout using their own propriatery layout software and then there is an option to then 'send' the design to them electronically. It even allows you to cost the board based on your preferences, double sided, silk screen, solder mask etc etc.

The only downside with expresspcb, is once the board has been designed, you have to use there production service. Alternatively, find another PCB manufacturer that accepts the board layout in GERBER format, this is then more towards the industry standard.

I've also sent you a PM.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Steve

Tissy
- 10th April 2005, 23:46
PICMAN, i tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full and won't accept anymore. Can you PM me with your email address or something. I wanted to discuss off forum.

Cheers,

Steve

jmgelba
- 11th April 2005, 20:54
Hi,

I can design the layout for you, and can get really competative quotes on boards.
PM me if you are interested.

James.

scorpion
- 20th April 2005, 19:42
try futurlec.com... they take a while, but have good prices.
thats who i use. they usually take 2 or 3 weeks to get here, but... i dont like to rush things anyways.

batee
- 2nd May 2005, 17:54
I just had a run of 5 small (20sq inches) boards made for $65. Took about 5 business days to receive them. They were absolutely beautiful. Think they were even cheaper if I'd have chosen the 10 day option.

They have a referral program, so please tell them I sent you.

Thanks,

Bryan A. Thompson
[email protected]