PDA

View Full Version : Need help with epic programmer

Lilmanmgf
- 22nd March 2005, 02:46
Hi, I bought an epic programmer and have yet to be able to program anything with it. Whenever I try to program I get code error at 0000. I have an ac adapter 16v 500ma. I tried two 9 volt batteries and got the same problem. I bought more 16f84s and still no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce
- 26th March 2005, 19:32
Start your EPIC software, open the help file, then click the link for "Checking Power Supply Voltages". Make sure you have the proper voltage output levels on both regulators.

If you have the proper voltage levels, and it still refuses to program, then go through the "Programming Errors" section step-by-step. Several things can cause this.

mister_e
- 26th March 2005, 22:03
are you getting "overwriting... error @" ???

click here (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1263&highlight=error+0000)

Tissy
- 27th March 2005, 03:06
What EPIC Programmer did you purchase, is it the serial one? Also what programming adaptor have you got.

If its the 40 pin ZIF version, make sure you have the PIC and the short Ribbon cable between the programming adaptor and the EPIC round the right way. The arm on the ZIF DOESN'T denote PIN 1.

I say this as thats the error i had when i first got mine with this combinination and it was due to the PIC being the wrong way round i the holder. You need to look at the PCB silkscreen on the ZIF adaptor to ensure you have it the right way round for the right PIC.

I've attahced an illustrated diagram for your set-up.

If you don't have this combination, then i am sorry.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Lilmanmgf
- 1st April 2005, 00:36
well i fixed it. I downloaded the epic beta software and poof it works. It upsets me a little because I lost a perfectly good chip because of it, but at least it works.