PDA

View Full Version : Easyhid don't work on my notebook (device not recognized)

moacyr
- 31st October 2010, 03:46
Hi folks,

My pic18f2550 aplication works perfect on my desktop computer, but wen i plugg it on my note book the device is not recognized. The XP installed is the same. I dont't know where is the problem.

Thanks

mackrackit
- 31st October 2010, 08:55
Have you tried different ports on the notebook?
Not all ports are equal, you may need a larger capacitor for VUSB?

A schematic ?

moacyr
- 31st October 2010, 17:21
I tried all ports of notebook, sometimes works only few seconds. I am using 220nf capacitor, and I have tested with 470nf. What size of capacitor can I use ? I am not using USB power supply.

Thanks

mackrackit
- 1st November 2010, 01:22
For what it is worth I use a 1.0uF 25V.

moacyr
- 1st November 2010, 04:30
Thanks,

I tested one 2.2 tantalum capcitor, because I have one at home, It is too high? There is any problem when using tantalum capacitor? the usb don't work . One new informatin: I am using microchip bootload to write the program, and PIC DEM FS USB (Microchip driver) works with no problems on the note book, only when the MCU is started with HID, windows xp don't recognize the device, on the desktop every thing ok. The internal pull up resistos is good enougth, or is interesting to use external pull up to get high speed usb ?

mackrackit
- 1st November 2010, 05:06
I have not uses the PIC DEM FS USB. Sounds like it could be a driver problem though.

You could test the hardware. Putthe 470 cap back in and try the USB mouse demo that came with PBP. I know that one is cross platfom, Linux and Windows, so if it works I think it would be safe to say the problem is on the PC side.

Sorry I can not ne much help.