PDA

View Full Version : VDrive2 wont read all USB Sticks

Paul Waller
- 2nd August 2010, 06:50
Hi,
I am playing with a VDrive2 module which I would like to connect to a PIC for logging temperature and I have read several posts on the subject here. I was inspired by Bill Sherman (Botsmaker) blog and made myself a PCB with a MAX232 on it and connected it up to my PC's serial port using Hyperterminal. Success, it talked first go and I could plug in my USB memory stick and do a DIR etc. I then downloaded the lastest firmware as recommended and renamed it and the VDrive2 found it and installed it. (V3.66VDAP)I then purchased a new memory stick as the previous ones were for other uses and it wouldn't see the file system. It said : Device Detected P2 No Disk and I couldn't get the D:/ to come up. When I put in my other USB sticks I get the correct messages and I can see files. The stick that wouldn't read will work on the USB port on the PC and I can read and write to it.
Any ideas?
Regards,
Paul Waller.

HenrikOlsson
- 2nd August 2010, 07:17
Hello,
I have no experience with the VDRIVE but is it possible that the non working USB stick is formated with another filesystem which the VDRIVE doesn't support? I'd try to reformat it and see what happens.

Paul Waller
- 3rd August 2010, 00:25
Hello,
I have no experience with the VDRIVE but is it possible that the non working USB stick is formated with another filesystem which the VDRIVE doesn't support? I'd try to reformat it and see what happens.

Thanks Henrik,
I did reformat it on my pc running XP with FAT32 file system. No difference but thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers,
Paul.