PDA

View Full Version : Hello, need help with PIC16F876 and garmin code

tafmetl
- 13th June 2010, 18:42
Hi, I'm new to programming and I just want to compile a code written in C that sends sms to a GPRS modem phone from a Garmin gps. I tried to compile it using MPLAB IDE v7.0 and the HI-TECH compiler but I receive many errors. The code it's not written by me, so it should work.
Can somebody compile it for me, please? I have attached it to this message.
Thank you.

ScaleRobotics
- 13th June 2010, 19:48
The code it's not written by me, so it should work.

I like that, I may have to use that quote! This could or could not be the case.....especially with code randomly "found" on the internet, with no reference links.

Personally, I have a little trouble with C, that's why I bought the basic compiler that this forum is dedicated to. Try a forum that is dedicated to C, and you will have a better chance.

tafmetl
- 13th June 2010, 20:30
The code was written in C using a compiler specially created for micro-controllers made by Microchip (pic16F876 in this case). So, it should work with MPLAB IDE, right?

ScaleRobotics
- 13th June 2010, 20:57
Yes, but you will also need the C compiler as well, because you have the C code. Otherwise it is not going to be able to compile C code.

tafmetl
- 13th June 2010, 22:27
Yes, but that's were HI-TECH C Compiler comes in. It integrates perfectly with MPLAB. Can anybody please compile it and tell me what's with the errors? I just want a simulation of the program...:)

ScaleRobotics
- 13th June 2010, 22:36
We would not know what is with the errors, as we do not use that compiler.

Once again, you are in the wrong forum. This is the PicBasicPro forum. It is a forum dedicated to the basic compiler called Pic Basic Pro. We do not use the Hitec C compiler. Please refer your question to a forum that does use a C compiler.

Thanks,

Walter