PDA

View Full Version : FREE Power Supply Giveaway CLOSED/ENDED

rmteo
- 10th April 2010, 20:07
(All power supplies are accounted for, OFFER has ENDED ... THANKS! APR 15th, 2010).

I have a whole bunch of electronic stuff that is is surplus to our requirements and will be giving them away over the next few weeks. The first item is a switching power supply that will be a great bench unit for MCU work (the AA battery is for size comparison and is not included):

a. Input voltage: 100-240VAC, 2A, 50-60Hz.
b. Outputs: 12V/3A
5V/5A
-12V/0.7A

I have 10 of these PSU's (they are basically new) and will send them out to US addresses for just the USPS Priority Mail shipping cost ($5.00). Since only a limited number are available, I'm thinking of some kind of a contest to determine who gets them. Any suggestions for the contest?

Byte_Butcher
- 10th April 2010, 20:24
How about "what is Steve's favorite color?", or "When is Steve's Birthday?", and whoever gets closets wins. :) Can I guess first?

Steve

rmteo
- 10th April 2010, 21:05
I think I will let this one go on a first-come-first-served basis to see what kind of interest there is. One PSU per address please, thank you.

So, the first ten people who post here saying that they want one AND PayPal $5.00 (for US addresses) to rmteo.at.earthlink.net (replace .at. with @) will receive the PSU's via USPS Priority Mail. I will update the list as the PayPal transactions come in.

Byte_Butcher
- 10th April 2010, 21:51
Well heck, I've got $5 in MY paypal account so I'll play along.
What other toys have you got. :)

Steve

P.S... I just sent you a PM with my correct mailing address. I think Paypal gave you the wrong one. Please let me know if there's any questions.

Thanks!

rmteo
- 10th April 2010, 22:20
For some strange reason, I am not able to edit my post #3. Here is the current list:

1. Byte Butcher - paid.
2. Charles Linquist - paid.

Charles Linquis
- 10th April 2010, 22:42
I'll take one.

PickyBiker
- 11th April 2010, 01:37
You can sign me up for one!!

Thanks!

PickyBiker
- 11th April 2010, 22:36
The $5 from Austin, TX 78727 is me, PickyBiker, RC guy, retired guy, good guy, and sometimes frustrated PIC programmer.

Thank you for offering these!

rmteo
- 14th April 2010, 16:57
These 3 requested units are going out today via USPS Priority Mail:
1. Byte Butcher - paid.
2. Charles Linquist - paid.
3. PickyBiker - paid.

I will let this run till the end of the week and toss out the leftovers if there are no further requests.

Byte_Butcher
- 14th April 2010, 17:36
I got a shipping confirmation notice on mine this morning. :)

I'm SO surprised that these aren't all snatched up by now. When they were offered I figured I better get my order in early to get one before they "sold out". I guess most of the PIC users out there must just use simulators these days, so they have no need for real hardware and a power supply and all that other old fashioned electronics junk... :eek:

Thanks RMTEO! I'll bet I get good use out of mine.

steve

Acetronics2
- 14th April 2010, 17:54
Hi,Byte ...

will send them out to US addresses for just the USPS Priority Mail shipping cost ($5.00).

US States only are a part of the world ... and offer only covered the States.

Alain ... European.

rmteo
- 14th April 2010, 17:57
Steve, you're welcome and I hope you find good use for the PSU. Since the response is somewhat slow, if anyone needs more, please request (7 left). Due to the size (and weight), you will need to send $5 for each unit - they will be packed and shipped in separate boxes.

They next giveaway should be interesting. It will be a box (see picture) filled with all sorts of electronic components. Items will include IC's (mostly thru-hole with some SMD including goodies like ULN2068 - 4x 1.5A Darlington drivers), discretes (transistors, capacitors, LED's, 7-segment LED, etc.), connectors (DB9/15, headers, etc.), IC sockets (DIP, PLCC, etc.) and other stuff such as piezo buzzers. I probably have enough to make up at least 100 boxes (150+ lb. of components). I will start another thread for this new giveaway when I get some free time later this week.

rmteo
- 14th April 2010, 18:02
Hi,Byte ...

Alain ... European.
I will extend the offer to other parts of the world. Shipping by Global Priority Mail will be US$18 wherever this method of shipping is available.

Also, I will make this available with my new COMPONENTS giveaway as stated in my previous post.

rmteo
- 14th April 2010, 22:35
keithdoxey,

Your PSU is on its way to the UK.

Byte_Butcher
- 14th April 2010, 23:03

Alain ... European.

Alain, of course I understand that this forum has members from all over the world and the US is just a small part!
But I'm still surprised that there wasn't enough "local" interest to get rid of 10 units...

RMTEO,
I don't want to hog more than my share, but if you still haven't found homes for all of them at the end of the week I'll happily take a second one.

Steve

keithdoxey
- 15th April 2010, 00:57
keithdoxey,

Your PSU is on its way to the UK.

Many thanks :)

Bruce
- 15th April 2010, 01:22
Rene,

I have more switching power supplys' than I can ever use, but this is a really nice gesture.
Hats' off to you..;o)

PickyBiker
- 15th April 2010, 01:27
RMTEO, I just got a project from a friend. He has a 1980's era home automation system that needs repair. The monitor / logic board power supply died. It uses +5 +12 and -12 to run the thing. So, if you reach the end of the week and have some left, I will take a second one also.

Thanks agin for offering these.

rmteo
- 15th April 2010, 02:28
Steve and PickyBiker,

There are still 6 PSU's left. You may as well take what you need now as there does not seem to be any more interest.

Byte_Butcher
- 15th April 2010, 04:15
Well, if the game is over, then I guess I'll take 2 more.

It's just dinner time for me now, so it'll be an hour or 2 before I do the PayPal thing, but I promise to send you $10 for 2 before the night is over.

Thanks,

Steve

rmteo
- 15th April 2010, 04:21
Steve, please do 2x $5 - makes it easier for me to do the shipping labels.

Byte_Butcher
- 15th April 2010, 05:09
OoOps, sorry, already did 1 x $10.

steve

rmteo
- 15th April 2010, 17:09
I received requests for the last 3 PSU's and this offer is CLOSED/ENDED. I am not able to change the title of the original post - perhaps the moderators can do it, thanks.

Now to work on the components giveaway. :p:p:p

rmteo
- 15th April 2010, 18:21
The next giveaway is here Electronic Components Giveaway (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13087)

Byte_Butcher
- 19th April 2010, 01:26
My power supplies are here! :)
They've probably been here for a day or 2, but no one has been to the post office until today. Sadly, my P.O.Box was full, so only 2 of the supplies were there and I'll need to pick up the other at the counter when they are open.

It looks like a nicely made item. It even says "Made in USA" on it. Wow, I REMEMBER when stuff still used to be made there..!

Thanks RMTEO! Very nice deal and very much appreciated!

Steve

rmteo
- 19th April 2010, 17:17
Thanks RMTEO! Very nice deal and very much appreciated!

Steve
You're welcome. ;)
Check out the Electronic Components Giveaway (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13087)

Byte_Butcher
- 19th April 2010, 21:53
I was hoping your electronic component giveaway would be a big hit because I have several boxes full of similar stuff that I really should get rid of. Lots and lots of good parts that I'll probably never use...
I'm trying to cut way down on my inventory of through-hole parts.

If you have a SMD only parts giveaway, then I'd be much more tempted. :)

steve

PickyBiker
- 20th April 2010, 01:09
RMTEO, my 2 power supplies arrived in great shape. Thank you so much for the offer.

Best regards,

Charles Linquis
- 21st April 2010, 04:40
Got mine too.

Thanks!

rmteo
- 21st April 2010, 16:10
You're welcome. Output connection:

Pin 1, -12V
Pin 2, GND
Pin 3, NC
Pin 4, NC
Pin 5, +12V
Pin 6, GND
Pin 7, +5V
Pin 8, GND

keithdoxey
- 28th April 2010, 20:41
Mine arrived today. Outer packet didnt survive the transatlantic journey so the post office had enclosed it all in a polythene bag but the inner cardboard box survived OK. :)

Many thanks;

Keith

Demon
- 5th May 2011, 04:15
...this offer is CLOSED/ENDED. I am not able to change the title of the original post - perhaps the moderators can do it, ....

Better late than never! :D

And I wanted to see if I had access.

mister_e
- 5th May 2011, 04:28
http://www.flockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/forum_mod-copy.jpg

Demon
- 5th May 2011, 05:06
Thanks for my new avatar!

:D