PDA

View Full Version : Menu Builder

Ioannis
- 15th May 2009, 12:20
I am sure that many users of PBP have made programs with LCD and a keyborad offering some kind of user interface.

As always, every new project has a different requirements and all menus etc are written from the beggining.

What I'd like to see is an automated system for menus.

I am sure that if Darrel would deal with it, it would as all others include files he created, be perfect!

Ioannis

ardhuru
- 16th May 2009, 06:41
Hi Ioannis,

A long time ago, a person on this forum had developed precisely such a menu builder, and posted the links for download. I find the links no more work, but I have his utility, which he'd generously offered for free. I can mail this to you if you want.

Regards,

Anand

Darrel Taylor
- 16th May 2009, 08:45
What I'd like to see is an automated system for menus.

I am sure that if Darrel would deal with it, it would as all others include files he created, be perfect!
Perfection is Impossible. Nature does not allow it.
Therefore you must strive for Excellence instead!

Unfortunately, my excellometer is reading a little low. :o
I have tried. A screenshot is shown below.

But there's just too many possibilities.
Number of key's on the keypad,
Number of chars on the LCD,
Number of options in the menu,
Number of cells in the brain stem.

Just never turned into a viable program.
Perhaps a Grant for further research ....
Please send Grant funding via paypal to [email protected]   :)
<br>

ukemigrant
- 16th May 2009, 13:22
I'd be interested in seeing this too Anand to see how it stacks up against my own menu design which I've been working on for a week. Can you post it to the forum as an attachment?

Thanks.

Hi Ioannis,

A long time ago, a person on this forum had developed precisely such a menu builder, and posted the links for download. I find the links no more work, but I have his utility, which he'd generously offered for free. I can mail this to you if you want.

Regards,

Anand

Ioannis
- 16th May 2009, 22:36
Darrel:

This is indeed very complicated as you have designed it. My idea was a little more simplistic. Like an include file where a few parameters would set up an LCD, store in an EEPROM the messages to be displayed, Define the 3x4 or 4x4 keyboard (who needs more keys?) and maybe an option to display in turns with a defined timeout many variables.

Ardhuru:
I remember this case. It was in VB written, right? Have not used it though. Please post it if you want.

Ioannis

ardhuru
- 17th May 2009, 09:36
Ok folks, here it is.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anand

Ioannis
- 17th May 2009, 16:59
Thanks Anand. I'll have a look at it.

Ioannis

ukemigrant
- 18th May 2009, 04:07
I hate it when COMDLG32.OCX isn't installed on my machine already...will have to install the Visual Basic 6.0 runtime or something in order to run it.

Ok folks, here it is.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anand

Sean_Goddard
- 19th August 2009, 23:02
The archive does not appear to be a valid one, can you re-check and re-post please?

oumarow
- 25th October 2011, 11:25
I need this program how can ı find this ? if u have this program can u give a link or .exe please help me.

Ioannis
- 25th October 2011, 12:02
Click on the link, post #6

Ioannis