PDA

View Full Version : pc based oscilloscope..

sindhukrish
- 17th March 2009, 18:33
hello..

i am working on a project with pic18f4550, it has to send data to pc through usb.i read about easyhid software.i read it generates a usb template code. can i use it for my project.i am planning to use vb for plotting the graph..havent used vb before..so i would also like to knw how to plot graph using vb?? and how to get data from usb and plot graph using VB?

thank you..

locko
- 18th March 2009, 04:41
I tried this last year and gave up on it. Without using fast AD devices the results were not what I was hoping for - unless someone know a better way.

Below is a link to the project files (VS2008) that I put together for taking the usb data and displaying it on a scope type gui. It is not commented but you should be able to work out how I did it (bear in mind, Im not a very good programmer!)
I couldn't find the pic basic code but it used the excellent post by Squibcakes on usb to get the pic side of things working.

Hope you have better luck than I did :)

Paul

http://www.pjloughlin.com/files/usb_scope_v1.zip

sindhukrish
- 20th March 2009, 09:31
hello..

thank you...

actually we are planning to display maximum 500khz signal..we are using an external adc ADS7888 1.25Msps and full speed usb connection.. it says in EasyHID maximum speed is 64KBper second..

so will i be able to use it??

can u suggest any better way to do it??