PDA

View Full Version : Usb-Pc connection 18f4550 pls help

extoprak
- 23rd November 2008, 23:55
Hi,
I have a project with 18f4550. I've read "USBDemo, something to learn USB a little bit" and learn lots of thing.

Firstly I know visual basic (about at moderate level ) and my pic assembly is I think is enough.

My project is that, I will write something on my pc program (max 8 letters.) And 4550 have to show is at 8 of 16-segment display (alphanumeric display). I have to use common anode and select the displays by transistors etc..

In this case, I have to send 8 info for displays. But, I don't know how. Mr E 's sample is only for 1 information. And don't know how to give 8 informations from pc to 8 vars (I mean variables) I after that making a for loop (select display and show the letter ) at pic ( at the same time alive connection)

It's too complicated. Please help me. Sorry for my bad English.

Archangel
- 24th November 2008, 01:14
Hi,
I have a project with 18f4550. I've read "USBDemo, something to learn USB a little bit" and learn lots of thing.

Firstly I know visual basic (about at moderate level ) and my pic assembly is I think is enough.

My project is that, I will write something on my pc program (max 8 letters.) And 4550 have to show is at 8 of 16-segment display (alphanumeric display). I have to use common anode and select the displays by transistors etc..

In this case, I have to send 8 info for displays. But, I don't know how. Mr E 's sample is only for 1 information. And don't know how to give 8 informations from pc to 8 vars (I mean variables) I after that making a for loop (select display and show the letter ) at pic ( at the same time alive connection)

It's too complicated. Please help me. Sorry for my bad English.

Here is 1 way, not the only, I'm sure.
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8876
Are they always the same 8 variables ?
If so just use LCDOUT var1," ", var2," ", var3," ", var4 or something to that effect . . .

extoprak
- 24th November 2008, 09:24
but what about the usb connection ? how can I use this sample with usb conn. I have to put this sample in to PBP codes that generated by EASY HID ? thanks...